Sunday, July 1, 2007

A summary of my thoughts

The human mind is different from the mind of the other beings by its reflexivity and creative capacity. It can raise structures in its imagination before giving things a concrete existence. The human mind, in its multiple layers of consciousness, with their specific characteristics engages with reflections of the visible and invisible layers of reality. Once the mind receives reflections from the multiple layers of reality, it becomes an existential need to express these experiences and make them public. This is the need to share one's pleasure and pain with other human beings. There are many forms of expressions and I have chosen painting for myself. This helps me in expressing my finer existence at the level of abstract being. My paintings are products of a certain level of my consciousness where language and other forms of expression leave me alone. If unconscious has a language, as Lacan, the famous French psychoanalyst, says then there should be a pattern in my paintings. Over the years I have not consciously tried to look for any pattern. But at this age, as it generally happens, one would like to look back. One would like to explore one's own consciousness and try to find out the grammar of it. I think my consciousness is constructed by my physical existence in the geographical area of Benaras. And Benaras is not merely a geographical space, but it is also a cultural space where the collective consciousness, within which I could achieve my personal consciousness, is full of abstract ideas generated by many thinkers like Kabir. Perhaps this is the context of my paintings. I leave it to the people to make sense of them. For me, I have done my bit by expressing myself through them.

1 comment:

alex said...

The manifold activity of the second system, tentatively sending forth and retracting energy, must on the one hand have full command over all memory material, but on the other hand it would be a superfluous expenditure for it http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=ts+power+akku+f to send to the individual mental paths large quantities of energy which would thus flow off to no purpose, diminishing the quantity available for the transformation of the outer world.. It is not difficult to find the motives for this degree http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=halsey+john of constraint in the expression of dream ideas...